Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Outliers // If I Was Your Girl

is a weekly meme, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases.


The Outliers

By Kimberly McCreight
Publication Date: May 3rd 2016

It all starts with a text: Please, Wylie, I need your help. Wylie hasn’t heard from Cassie in over a week, not since their last fight. But that doesn’t matter. Cassie’s in trouble, so Wylie decides to do what she has done so many times before: save her best friend from herself.

This time it’s different, though. Instead of telling Wylie where she is, Cassie sends cryptic clues. And instead of having Wylie come by herself, Jasper shows up saying Cassie sent him to help. Trusting the guy who sent Cassie off the rails doesn’t feel right, but Wylie has no choice but to ignore her gut instinct and go with him.

But figuring out where Cassie is goes from difficult to dangerous, fast. As Wylie and Jasper head farther and farther north into the dense woods of Maine, Wylie struggles to control her growing sense that something is really wrong. What isn’t Cassie telling them? And could finding her be only the beginning?

My Thoughts

Just reading the summary has got me hooked;D I love stories like this where the main characters go into the woods (that's supposedly haunted) trying to find someone. This sort of reminds me of The Forest movie, and I had high expectations for that film. Unfortunately, I didn't like the ending, so hoping this book has a better story to tell;)


If I Was Your Girl

By Meredith Russo
Publication Date: May 3rd 2016

Amanda Hardy is the new girl in school. Like anyone else, all she wants is to make friends and fit in. But Amanda is keeping a secret. She's determined not to get too close to anyone.

But when she meets sweet, easygoing Grant, Amanda can't help but start to let him in. As they spend more time together, she realizes just how much she is losing by guarding her heart. She finds herself yearning to share with Grant everything about herself--including her past. But Amanda's terrified that once she tells him the truth, he won't be able to see past it.

Because the secret that Amanda's been keeping? It's that she used to be Andrew.

Will the truth cost Amanda her new life--and her new love?

My Thoughts

This book sounds like it's gonna give me tons of feels~ It sounds like a very interesting one, because I don't think I've heard of or read a book quite like this. So many good books coming out soon.

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. These both sound wonderful! I have enjoyed Kimberly McCreight in the past and din't even know about this new series, otherwise it would have been on my own list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time hearing about McCreight and her novels so here's to new reading adventures! Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  2. They both sound very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    (New GFC Follower)


    Have a wonderful week! Dani @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

 

The S.K.A Reader Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang